Sunday, November 09, 2008

Soph


The first person truly close to me to die.
Soph always sent me great emails.
Early morning saga Was up early this morning (about 5) . Angel wanted to go out, so even though it was snowing a bit, I let her go. Checked on her a couple of times, but she didn’t want to come back in. About 5:30 I saw she was at the door, so opened it and in she RAN. I saw she was playing with something and looked closer....YEP A MOUSE. While she and the mouse were in the front entry...I headed to the kitchen and grabbed a rag.... Angel and the mouse were heading toward the bathroom then mouse turned and was heading toward the computer room (nice, huh)...Angel jumped in front of it and they were having a “Mexican standoff”...I came up from behind and grabbed the mouse and threw it out the front door into the courtyard near the gate and into the snow. It stayed there a second. then got up and last I saw was heading out into the night (or morning). Needless to say Angel was in the house and when I closed the door, gave me THE LOOK. Guess all is forgiven now...she is curled up on my lap while I’m trying to type.... Yes, a creature was stirring...and it was a mouse... Merry Christmas ....do ya think Pumpkin or Whiskers will get it ???

She read my blog, too. She'd send me emails regarding my posts instead of commenting.
Love your Blog site....you are just too good....and thanks for including Angel and me...that was special....but so are you !!!!


I'm gonna miss making potica and pizelles and sweet rolls with you.
I'm gonna miss the cute forwards you always sent me.
I'm gonna miss checking the weather radar with you and your phone calls warning me about the tornado watches.
I'm gonna miss sitting at your house and eating ice cream and playing yahtzee and doing homework for hours on end.
I'm gonna miss watching the bell game with you, and carving pumpkins for you.
I'm gonna miss raking leaves with you, and hearing all about the newest gadget you ordered from the television.
I'm gonna miss how you always woke up with the birds, while it was still dark.
I'm gonna miss your demand for hugs and reports on my extracurriculars.
You were the only person to ever come to an entire swim meet just to watch me.

Yes, Soph, I'm gonna miss you.

1 comments:

Mary said...

Good email-ers are hard to find! I'm very sorry for your loss, feel better soon!